Right at this moment, I am so incredibly happy with my new web browser, Safari for Windows. Safari *ROCKS*!! I was using Internet Explorer until it was explained to me that IE is not safe, since everyone uses it, that's the browser that hackers know how to break into, viruses are written for it, etc. So I switched to Firefox for a while, but the more I used it, the less happy I was with it. Their bookmarking system is weird, as is the page history listed in the pull down menu of the address bar. It never ever showed a web page I had just been to, and there was no way to go back to any of the pages I had just visited except using the back button which sucks, especially if you have to go back 4 or 5 pages or more to get back to the site you just visited 10 minutes ago.
I was going to try Netscape, but it's no longer supported and has been discontinued. Flock has a bunch of options I don't plan to use. Chrome just sucks, it's far too basic to be usable.
So I decided to try Safari, and I am IN LOVE! You can create a bookmark button on the browser for the sites you visit most often, so you don't have to type the web address, just point and click on the button you created and there you are! The history is there in the menu and looks the way it's supposed to, showing the actual pages you've just visited. (Unlike Firefox which shows randomly chosen pages from my bookmarks.)
The only two small things I wish I could change about Safari, is I wish I could change the color of the browser bar, not particularly fond of grey, and they limit the number of browser buttons you can have on the tool bar to four, I wish I could get just one more up there. I want Forward & Back arrows, Refresh, Home, Stop, and Add Bookmark. But I only can have 4 of the 5 at a time. *sigh*
Safari also changes some of the standard graphics on all pages, like the scroll bar is all 3D now, and any checkmark boxes, I think it's cool!
And the other thing that happened today that is making me very happy is today I got vacation pay for one week! So now I can actually take a short vacation for the first time in years! YA-HOOO! I still have to figure out where I can go on the amount I got, it's not very much, so I'll probably just take a long weekend, but even that is awesome! And I will actually go somewhere, not just stay home. I'm thinking maybe Palm Springs, hopefully with my sister, that's not too far a drive and has a couple of neat places to hike. Or perhaps take the train up north to Cambria to visit a family friend. And that has the advantage of not paying for a hotel room or most of my food, so I could probably stay a whole week with that option. We shall see. =)

Have a wonderful vacation, girl! You deserve it. :)
ReplyDelete