So my family is safe, their houses are safe, thank goodness. My parents weren't in any danger, my aunt & uncle packed up some stuff yesterday just in case, but the fires seemed to have moved away from them, it's mostly Corona and Yorba Linda now. I have another uncle who has a home in Diamond Bar, but they are safe from the fires too.
But I have a friend who lives in Yorba Linda, and she was evacuated. Her home is safe, thank goodness, but the homes on her street just 8 houses away burned down.
And all of my chicken little worries last month actually happened to her. She left for work in the morning, there were no fires. Then the fire started, and the wind carried the fire and the embers into her area really quickly, and she left work to go home and get her kittens, but by the time she got there, the police had already blocked the area, and weren't letting anybody in.
I'm so glad that she's safe and her home is safe, and her kittens, but how scary. And I totally understand how she felt not being able to get in to "rescue" them.

So glad everyone is ok. :)
ReplyDelete